I volunteer for Autism Speaks because:
..."autism is effecting all of us"
..."This is how I can make a difference"
..."I want to dance at my son's wedding"
The Community Leadership Committee plans and implements the Autism Speaks fundraising, advocacy, outreach and awareness activities in several regions of the state including the Walk Now for Autism! We are in need of committee members and chairs. Please contact your local office if you would like to get involved.
Community Leadership Committee Descriptions
- Family Services Liaison Chair - Sub-Committee provides feedback from community stakeholders in an effort to ensure that local community needs are addressed.
- Community Advocacy Chair -Sub-Committee activates the local grassroots advocacy efforts in accordance with national autism legislative initiatives.
- Science Ambassador Chair - Sub-Committee educates local community about Autism Speaks science initiatives and portfolios.
Walk Now for Autism Committee:
- Planning Committee - help plan and execute the walk.
- Team Mentoring Committee - mentor new team captains. If you can volunteer to make some calls and answer some questions about how to recruit and motivate teams this committee is for you.
- Corporate Sponsorship Committee - create list of prospects and help to reach out to potential local sponsors.
- Walk Kick-Off Committee - organize events to help us Kick-Off Walk in style.
- Community Outreach Committee - recruit new team captains, get your local stores and schools involved and spread the word about Autism Speaks right in your own backyard.
- Resource Fair Committee – recruit and build the Community Resource Fair.
- Publicity Committee - responsible for many of the public relations and marketing aspects of the Walk event, including media relations, media sponsorships and public service announcements.
- Walk Day Logistics Committee - help with the nuts and bolts of the walk day and all of the equipment needed for a safe and fun day. Many hands make light work.
- Refreshments Committee - secure food and beverage donations. Lots of walkers means lots of hungry people on Walk Day.
- Entertainment Committee - recruit entertainers and develop creative activities for Walk Day. Walk Day is family fun day.