Autism Speaks is a grassroots organization with a proud tradition of raising awareness and dollars community by community. You can join that proud tradition by hosting an event in your community. Some successful community events have included dinners, auctions, poker runs, and dine-to-donate nights as well as smaller scale events such as car washes and dress down days.
There are many ways to host an event to benefit Autism Speaks. Before you start, please contact our local staff so that we may assist you in your efforts:
- Host a Wrap-Around event for your Autism Speaks Walk team.
- Participate in or start a local Student Club for Autism Speaks.
- Organize a blue Puzzle Piece Campaign in your community.
- Start an online fundraising campaign through your Walk team.
- Apply to host an Autism Speaks event, which includes use of our name and logo. You must enter into a Third-Party Letter of Agreement and abide by all guidelines and insurance requirements.
- Partner with Autism Speaks for an event. Typically these events are on a national basis and raise over $250,000. For the partner events, a commercial co-venture agreement is necessary. Please contact your Autism Speaks local staff for more information.
- Look through our Ways to Give section for more ideas.
Disclaimer: Autism Speaks assumes no liability or costs associated with third-party events. If you have questions about tax, insurance, or legal issues please consult the appropriate advisors.
We appreciate your interest and your efforts and look forward to working with you!