We are always looking for volunteers to help plan an event or join an existing committee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved.
Community Leadership Committee Descriptions
- Family Services Liaison Chair
- Sub-Committee provides feedback from community stakeholders in an effort to ensure that local community needs are addressed.
- Community Advocacy Chair
- Sub-Committee activates the local grassroots advocacy efforts in accordance with national autism initiatives.
- Science Ambassador Chair
- Sub-Committee educates local community about Autism Speaks science initiatives and portfolios.
- Walk Now for Autism Chair
- Planning Committee - help plan and execute the walk.
- Team Mentoring Committee - mentor new team captains. If you can volunteer to make some calls and answer some questions about how to recruit and motivate teams this committee is for you.
- Corporate Sponsorship Committee - create list of prospects and help to reach out to potential local sponsors.
- Walk Kick-Off Committee - organize events to help us Kick-Off the Iowa Walk in style.
- Youth Committee - plan mini events and volunteer on Walk Day. Opportunities for involvement are available for all age levels.
- Community Outreach Committee - recruit new team captains, get your local stores and schools involved and spread the word about Autism Speaks right in your own backyard.
- Resource Fair Committee – recruit and build the Community Resource Fair.
- Publicity Committee - responsible for many of the public relations and marketing aspects of the Walk event, including media relations, media sponsorships and public service announcements.
- Walk Day Logistics Committee - help with the nuts and bolts of the walk day and all of the equipment needed for a safe and fun day. Many hands make light work.
- Food & Refreshments Committee - secure food and beverage donations. Lots of walkers means lots of hungry people on Walk Day.
- Entertainment Committee - recruit entertainers and develop creative activities for Walk Day. Walk Day is family fun day.